Installation Suggestions for Acoustiblok on Concrete Screed Floors
✓ RD350 Acoustiblok roll dispenser (ball bearing rollers allow for easy roll out and height adjustment. Recommended for use with Acoustiblok 60′ and 350’ Master size rolls.
✓ Screw gun with a magnetic tip
✓ Yellow Grease Pencil
✓ Box knives & Straight Edge
✓ Acoustigrip™ Tape (60m per roll). Requires approximately 1 roll of tape per 18m roll of Acoustiblok.
✓ Acoustiblok Acoustical Sound Sealant (310ml tubes). Installation requires approximately 2 tubes per 18m roll of Acoustiblok.
See our Accessories section for more details. (Please ask for more information if needed).
Installation Method Suggestions
- Acoustiblok is a heavy, high-density product (4.88kg/m²), so when preparing for the installation, always schedule at least two installers for efficiency and safety.
- All tools (except, common hand tools) and materials required for a professional Acoustiblok sound installation are available from Acoustiblok UK.
- Acoustiblok Sound Isolation Material should always, if possible, be installed on the same side of the assembly as the source of sound or noise. This will decrease the amount of acoustical energy that may be converted into mechanical noise.
- It is essential that the treated room be sealed as airtight as possible using Acoustiblok Acoustical Sound Sealant and Acoustigrip Tape.The effectiveness of your Acoustiblok sound treatment will be jeopardised if these steps are not taken.
- Always install the Acoustiblok Sound Isolation Material with the logo and U.L. printing visible. This allows for quick inspection and sign off from building inspectors and assurance to your clients that they have received a genuine Acoustiblok sound reduction treatment, not an inferior, non U.L. rated and acoustically untested product substitution.
- For all floor installations it is important to maintain isolation of the underlayments and floor finish with all adjacent surfaces. Always leave a 2mm to 3mm perimeter gap between the Acoustiwool, Acoustiblok, substrates and flooring from all adjacent wall surfaces. Fill these gaps with Acoustiblok Acoustical Sound Sealant.
- Verify that the underlayments and substrates provide the structural requirements of the finished floor.
- Confirm the compatability of any adhesives, thinset or other products used with the Acoustiblok products.
Installation of Acoustiblok 3mm on Concrete Slab with 60mm Screed Sub Floor.
- Clean all surfaces, sweep, wet mop and let dry, to ensure any debris and dust are removed from the area.
- Before starting the installation, ascertain which way the Acoustiblok 3mm material needs to run i.e.: either length or width ways of the area to be installed, and cut runs of material accordingly.
- Ensure the first run of Acoustiblok 3mm material is laid square to the starting wall, (remember logo facing upwards), so that the installation will follow this line. Spot glue in place if necessary.
- Once the first run of Acoustiblok 3mm material is laid, silicone the lead edge and lay the next run of Acoustiblok 3mm on top of the silicone edge, abutted to the first run of Acoustiblok 3mm. Continue laying each run of Acoustiblok in the same way until the area to be treated has been completely covered.
- Leave a 2mm to 3mm perimeter gap between the Acoustiblok 3mm and flooring from all adjacent wall surfaces. Fill perimeter gap with MS Polymer Silicone. The runs of Acoustiblok 3mm should be spot glued and particular attention paid to the perimeter edge of the room to ensure a flat and even finish.
- Seal all joins of Acoustiblok 3mm material with MS Polymer Silicone and Acoustiblok Tape. If the Acoustiblok is not lying flat to the floor, allow it to sit overnight at ambient room temperature to allow settlement.
Application with underfloor heating
- If underfloor heating is to be fitted to all areas, first ensure silicone is dry and the material has settled, before installing underfloor heating on top of Acoustiblok 3mm as per manufacturer’s instructions.Before starting the installation, ascertain which way the Acoustiblok 3mm material needs to run i.e.: either length or width ways of the area to be installed, and cut runs of material accordingly.
- It is recommended that the UF Heating should be floating and therefore no mechanical fixings will penetrate the Acoustiblok membrane. If an adhesive is required it is recommended that the compatibility of the adhesive be verified.
For any further advice on the specification, material or installation, please call our technical team at Acoustiblok UK Ltd on 01622 840289 who will endeavour to give you comprehensive and practical advice to meet your requirements.
Please note: These are suggestions only, derived from years of past usage and test results. They are not warranted or guaranteed in any way, neither written nor verbally.