Acoustiblok Transport Sector Applications
Roads and railways contribute most of the noise in and around a city. The noise they create is more like a line or cylinder as opposed to a point or sphere of source, meaning car noises only decrease by 3db for each doubling of distance from the source.
Barriers have been around and modified for decades. Some of the variables that affect the outcome of traffic barriers are the line of sight (transmitted path), Angle of incident, related to the (diffracted path), and the indirect path of transmission (reflected path) to the receivers of the noise.
- Barriers need to be as close to the noise or receiver as possible.
- The greater the barrier height from the line of sight, the greater the attenuation.
- Barriers should be a solid, >20kg, m2 and airtight. However the materials used need not exceed the attenuation from diffraction effects.
- End diffraction effects will considerably hinder the attenuation of a barrier.
- Make sure the barrier is four times the length of the distance from the barrier to the receiver!
Acoustiblok “All Weather Sound Panels” are an excellent resolve for many types of issues involving roadway and railway noise. These panels can be implemented in an infinite configuration of height and length. The panels are impervious to the elements; hurricane tested at over 434 kp/h (3011ksm), mass and absorption factors, and can be a permanent or temporary solution.
Railway noise can also be treated in a similar manner. There may be tighter constraints in and around train stations and rail lines. The thickness of Acoustiblok panels provides an easy solution near the tracks. Our panels can be tied to a railing or attached to an existing wall to absorb some of the more critical and annoying high frequencies from train motor spool up, and can easily follow a twisty track along the country side.
Standard sizes of panels are:
(1.22m (W) x 3.66m (H) x 61mm (D)
(1.22m (W) x 3.05m (H) x 61mm (D)
(1.22m (W) x 2.44m (H) x 61mm (D)
(1.22m (W) x 1.83m (H) x 61mm (D)
(1.22m (W) x 1.22m (H) x 61mm (D)
Please Note: Panels are built to order in house, please allow a 3-4 week production time and shipping and handling.